CBD oil is not a secret anymore. Finally.
We can all stop hiding behind the scary marijuana industry, right? Good.
There is a lot of controversy out there about the medical marijuana industry and for good reason. There are good and bad people out there running it!
If you’ve been following along in the CBCInked chronicles (AKA my life story that I write about out here in my blog), you may know by now that I have a few things going on in my life both mentally and physically that require a little help from Mother Earth.
This article is going to dive into the wild ride of learning about the power of CBD, the debunked myths about it and the ugly truth behind it. CBD oil heals and I can prove it with my story.
Let’s get on the CBD oil rollercoaster together.
CBD Oil Basics
Look, we’ve all heard about the benefits of CBD oil.
There are literally kids that have halted seizures with the use of CBD oil, for goodness sakes! C’mon!
The basics are that it is extracted from the marijuana plant, which I know can be taboo for some people to handle. Let’s review the basics of CBD oil.
What is CBD oil?
According to Project CBD, “Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis, a plant with a rich history as a medicine going back thousands of years. A safe, non-addictive substance, CBD is one of more than a hundred “phytocannabinoids,” which are unique to cannabis and endow the plant with its robust therapeutic profile.”
Harness the power of the flower!
You might be asking yourself, is CBD marijuana then? Essentially it is, but it is stripped of all the things that make weed…weed. It’s as if all the good parts are extracted and it creates a major healing effect.
Still scared to try it for yourself? Don’t be.
#CBD is like taking a vitamin. The worlds most healing, best vitamin there ever was. – @cbcinkedTweet
How does CBD oil work?
There are a few different ways you can consume CBD oil.
I typically use the oil drops because it is the safest. There are also vape pens out there, however, you run the risk of lung trauma there. Best to stick to what’s safe.
CBD oil directly affects the systems in your body that control our mood, energy levels, intestines, immunity, blood pressure, bone density, metabolism, pain levels, stress, and more. Yeah, just ALL of those.
The scary question is this. When your system isn’t functioning properly, what happens? Disease happens.
CBD and THC have been proven to slow or in some cases stop disease while it progresses. That is truly amazing.
CBD oil benefits
CBD oil has a ton of benefits to your health, both physically and mentally.
The first time I tried it, I was skeptical. I waited to “feel something” like a total idiot. I felt nothing until about an hour or two later I realized that I wasn’t worrying quite so much. I also wasn’t irritated by what was bothering me earlier. I also wasn’t in quite as much achy pain… It was such a tiny change that I didn’t notice it at first.
I noticed that night I slept 10% better. I will take that 10%, if you know what I mean! I noticed that I felt calm when I was resting instead of lying there thinking about every silly little thing.
Here is a great graphic I found from The Renegade Pharmacist along with a detailed list of CBD oil benefits.
Here are the benefits I have personally experienced by using CBD oil:
- Stress – CBD oil helps in small, small ways. It’s not a big change that will become the ultimate stress reliever. It’s more of a subtle change in your thought processes, reactions, emotions and rage. It helps to slow down the entire stress process and help your brain to chill out a tiny bit.
- Sleep – I take 10-15 drops at night right before I go to sleep. I put them under my tongue for absorption and try to let them stay there without swallowing. I noticed that it doesn’t make me sleepy at all, it’s a mental relief thing. It allows the brain to calm down a bit more than usual so I can focus on sleeping, rather than worrying.
- Inflammation – I saw the positive affects of this within the first week of starting to use CBD oil. I noticed my joints were not quite so stiff, that I could sit or lay in positions longer without that ache. I noticed that my usual aches and pains were lessened by about 10%. Again, it’s a small change but noticeable.
- Chronic pain – This was the biggest thing I noticed as I was currently living in daily pain. Gradually, I noticed that I didn’t need to go to my chiropractor as often, that I didn’t need to take the ibuprofen as often and that I wasn’t complaining as much. My thought process on this is that your mind and body are connected. So if CBD oil is helping your mind to calm down, your body won’t live in a state of crisis. Makes sense!
- Digestion – Along with everyone else at one point in their lives, I experienced stomach yuck. I knew that my diet was the biggest change I could make when it came to digestion and that is exactly what I did. I do follow a very healthy diet so I was confused why sometimes I would eat and have aches or indigestion. It’s because you can be TOO healthy! When you eat less than quality food, your body doesn’t know what to do with it. When I incorporated CBD drops to my daily schedule, it felt that there was a balance in my digestive track that allowed all the moving parts to function correctly. I notice when I don’t take it, let’s just say that!
I know what you must be thinking. Those are all things that could benefit ME! Yes, they can.
CBD oil recommendations
The CBD company I use is NuLeaf Naturals.
The reason I chose them specifically is because they are verified, organic and real. Here is a little more about them.
This is taken directly from the NuLeaf Naturals website:
Full Spectrum Extract We are one of the only CBD suppliers in the world that offers a true full spectrum cannabinoid extract.
Organic and Natural Our cannabis oil is 100% organic and non-GMO. It is free of additives, preservatives, emulsifiers, and flavors so the product remains in its most pure and natural form.
Third-Party Verified Every bottle of cannabis oil we provide to our customers has been subjected to rigorous laboratory testing to ensure that it contains the optimal amount of CBD and is free of over 200 different pesticides, heavy metals, and mycotoxins.
Green Extraction Methods We utilize CO2 extraction methods so there is no heat to degrade the product or solvents to pollute it. CO2 extraction retains the entire spectrum of cannabinoids as well as terpenes, essential oils, vitamins like B and D, trace minerals like zinc, and omega fatty acids (mainly 3 and 6) which all work together to maximize the healing effect.
USA Grown Our extracts are derived from therapeutic hemp (cannabis sativa) plants grown on licensed farms in Colorado.
Be careful which CBD oil you choose, all! Here are a few other CBD oils that are worthy of your money:
I recommend checking all of those out before you make your choice. Full disclosure, I am affiliates with all of them because I truly believe in them.
Don’t just choose the cheapest option, most of the time it is a mixture of mish-mash nonsense and it could be harmful for your body. Do your homework!
The CBD oil ugly truth
The ugly truth behind CBD is simple.
The truth is you need to let go of the fact that you can’t do this on your own.
- You may need to get over the fact that you “need” something to be better.
- You may need to come to grips with the fact that you can’t handle things on your own.
- You also may need to understand that getting outside help is the only route left.
- You also may need to realize that dependency on chemicals like anti-depressants may be harming you.
- You may need to trust in something other than yourself to find help.
IT IS OKAY TO RELY ON NATURAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU.
You thought the ugly truth was going to be these horrible side effects, didn’t you?
Well, I can honestly say I have not had many negative side effects at all, however, I have not misused or abused it. Stay true to the amount of drops you use and you will see relatively positive results.
My goal is to help those that are questioning CBD oil.
I hope this article has come to you at the right time in your life. I also hope that my personal explanation and life experience with it has brought a different light to it than reading through a promotional article.
Let me know your thoughts on CBD oil! What brands do you use?
CBD oil may not be for everyone, however, if you are open to it helping you – it just might.
Stay healthy, my friends!
Want more resources like this in your inbox?