Let’s face it. Getting healthy is not easy.
You are going to need help with things like: motivation, what to eat, what not to eat, sleep, even breathing! Sheesh, we’ve been breathing for ages but we still need help with it.
Do not feel like you are in this alone!
You most likely have a great support system, family and friends to help you or even a personal trainer. Lucky you!
Or maybe you have none of this but you still know you have to do it. Welp, good thing you have the wonderful digital (and mostly free) world to help guide you on your health and wellness journey.
Never fear – health and wellness apps are here to save the day!
Here are 16+ apps to up your health and wellness game in 2019.
YAAAS! 📱 @cbcinked just shared 14 health and wellness #apps that I 100% need in my life. You do too. 💪 #healthylifestyle #yougotthisTweet
Calm is the #1 app for meditation and mindfulness. Lower stress and sleep better with 100+ guided meditations.
Why you need the Calm app in your life:
- It’s the winner of several awards as the best meditation app out there
- The featured voices range from Matthew McConaughey to Stephen Fry which are in fact, calming
- It’s breathing app is super dope with a sweet circle that entrances you to actually focus on the breath, which is the hardest part
- There are a TON of options for the free version. I used this app for 576 days before I needed to upgrade
Sleep Cycle analyzes your sleep and wakes you up at the most perfect time, feeling rested.
Why you need the Sleep Cycle app in your life:
- Sleep Cycle helps you track your sleep accurately, which is something we all need
- It has awesome and really valuable blog articles about sleep health to learn from
- It uses sound analysis to learn about the different stages, tracking your movements which is super sciency
- It doubles as an alarm clock, waking you up in a nice, gentle way
Fiit brings the most in demand trainers straight to your phone, tablet or TV. Choose from hundreds of classes — including HIIT, strength training, combat, yoga, pilates and breath work.
Why you need the FiiT app in your life:
- You get to train with some pretty rad people (the best trainers in the world apparently)
- It offers 75 free classes on the free version
- It allows you to exercise literally anywhere as long as you are with your phone
- The progress tracking actually motivates you to keep going when you probably don’t want to
Edo is the app that tells you what you’re eating.
Why you need the Edo app in your life:
- Edo helps you to understand what’s on food labels so you can know exactly what’s inside your food and choose consciously
- It helps to warn you of the ingredients if you are following a strict diet regimen
- It helps you to find healthier alternatives to improve your eating habits
- It explains what is good (and bad) for you because sometimes we just don’t know
Brain training created by scientists and game designers. Improve memory, increase focus and find calm.
Why you need the Lumosity app in your life:
- Lumosity comes in bite size games so you don’t have to dedicate a lot of time to it but you still get a lot out of it
- The games adapt to your strengths and weakens (to help you)
- Even though the games are sciency they are designed in a nice visual way – points for creativity
- It helps you understand how the mind works, which is pretty cool
Fabulous is a science-based app that will help you build healthy rituals into your life and achieve daily goals.
Why you need the Fabulous app in your life:
- Fabulous helps to rewire your brain to build good habits and quit bad ones
- It has a step-by-step process to get you ‘unstuck’ mentally
- It works on the “30 days to create a habit” and reminds you daily until you get there without being annoying
- It was incubated in Duke’s Behavioral Economics lab, so you know really smart people made it
The largest selection of studios, workout classes and fitness deals all in one place.
Why you need the MINDBODY app in your life:
- MINDBODY helps you find local fitness classes so you can take the guesswork out of it – great for traveling wellness
- It helps you find a quality massage no matter where you are
- Need a spa day? It’s got that too
- It helps you save money by finding deals on each wellness activity
Yoga anywhere, anytime with the most inspiring teachers in the world.
Why you need the Alo Moves app in your life:
- Alo Moves allows you to do yoga any time, without hitting the studio
- It offers a 14 day free trial, so you can check it out before paying $20/month (still a savings because most yoga sessions are more than that!)
- New yoga classes are released daily so you don’t get bored doing the same old poses
- It offers yoga for beginners and experts so you can fit in where you feel you fit
A beautifully designed tracker used for intermittent, circadian rhythm, and custom extended fasting.
Why you need the Zero app in your life:
- Zero helps you start fasting (intermittent fasting is hard!) even when you don’t want to
- It helps you customize preset fasts that fit your lifestyle
- It tracks your highs and lows and helps calculate the help its doing for your body
- It celebrates with you when you achieve your goals – because tiny victories
Your favorite organic & non-GMO brands at up to 50% off—delivered to your door.
Why you need the Thrive Market app in your life:
- Thrive Market is the most hipster of all the food delivery apps – join the organic life, friends
- It organizes your food delivery searches by your diet needs…gluten free, dairy free, soy free – you have it all narrowed down right there
- It offers wholesale pricing on the items so you are getting crazy deals
- It offers a 30 day free trial before membership, which is $59.95 a year – a pretty good deal for all the money will be saving (Keep in mind it doesn’t have fresh fruits and veggies available though!)
FullyRaw by Kristina is the ultimate guide to living a cleaner and healthier lifestyle through the consumption of organic raw foods.
Why you need the Fully Raw app in your life:
- Fully Raw is a full on juicing, raw eating, vegetable and fruit loving adventure
- It offers 7-21 day challenges to fit your lifestyle of clean, raw eating
- It teaches you about the benefits of juicing and creates healthy goals for you
- It offers you the opportunity to become a coach to others through her unique program
Book a spa-quality massage to your home, hotel or office. Wellness has never been more accessible or essential to your well-being.
Why you need the Zeel app in your life:
- Zeel is a massage on demand – you need a massage – you deserve a massage
- It offers in-home massages which is legit amazing
- It offers different customizable types of massages for your body because let’s face it, we are all too nice to tell our massage therapist what we really want
- It offers a one-time massage or a membership with discounts so you can book them regularly
#1 product for women’s mobile health – period, ovulation, and pregnancy tracker along with health analytics and insights.
Why you need the Flo app in your life:
- Flo helps you keep track of all the womanly cycles because marking your calendars is so last season
- It offers insightful health analytics that can help you understand your body and what is happening to it during the various cycles
- It offers a health “chat” where you can ask the app all kinds of questions about your body which is super engaging
- It’s not just for period tracking, it got over 9 million women pregnant – so guys it’s for you too (or not it’s your choice)
What The Forecast?!! is an accurate weather app that will explain, in real terms, how nasty it is outside. You will never again wonder if you should just go back to bed (which, of course, you should). Because laughter is 100% needed for daily health and wellness.
Why you need the What The Forecast?!! app in your life:
- What The Forecast?!! literally makes me laugh when I don’t really want to, simply by checking the weather
- It offers a very “unique” way at letting you know how the weather may affect your mood
- It will make you laugh and laughter is the best medicine for your health
- It makes you immediately want to share it with your friends which makes you happy instantly
There you have it, folks!
These should change your life. I don’t guarantee anything, but they may help you a little. Each one brings value to the table in their own special way.
The health and wellness journey does not have to be a hard, laborious one. Use each app to help support you in your adventure.
The most important thing is – don’t give up! Never give up. Keep going.
Image credit: https://unsplash.com/@robman